Friday, August 14, 2009

Server hidden in Closet

Server hidden in Closet



This is a nice example of how you can hide a server without just sticking the beige box in a closet or in some furniture. You can tell that Vassilis Papanikolaou took his time when thinking about an efficient system layout. I have to admit that I have a normal computer tucked away in the closet next to my home entertainment system :( If I had the time and energy this system is definitely what I would like to strive for. I would love to see the faces of the crooks who break in thinking that they can score a quick PC out of the closet!


"1) Motherboard ASRock N68PV-GS for €41 (Mini ATX, on board RAID, GLAN, VGA)

2) CPU AMD LE-1640 for €31 (Slow, but more than enough for streaming media)

3) 2 x 1 GB SuperTalent DDR2 800 MHz for €21 (more than enough)

4) 2 x 1 TB WD Caviar Green 32 MB cache for €158 (for total 1 TB secure RAID1)

5) 2 x 12 mm fans for €18 (it will get hot in there !)"






No comments: