Thursday, January 28, 2010

The All-in-One Bedroom Office [Featured Workspace]

The All-in-One Bedroom Office [Featured Workspace]: "

Just because you're living in a small space and on a college budget, doesn't mean you have to have a drab and cheap looking environment.

Today's featured workspace is that of Lifehacker reader and college student Stingray072. He's currently living in a small New York City apartment and making the most of his living space. His room serves multiple functions and has various spaces carefully laid out for each: sleeping, relaxing, studying and working, and of course storing all his stuff. Read about it in his words below and check out the pictures.



At the beginning of the semester I moved into my new room.


I didn't have a lot of space and I needed to cram a lot into my room, while staying organized and keeping functionality.


What I found worked for me was having different areas in the room for different tasks. By keeping the areas separate it helps me stay on task and not distracted.


There's my computer area, my schoolwork area, my reading/watching TV and movies area, and my sleeping space.


I've used numerous Lifehacker tips along the way, from the tool/cables pegboard to cable management to the Hackintosh.


This space to me is my sanctuary, and I also wanted it to be aesthetically pleasing. I painted the room myself before I moved in, and ran all the cables in a way to hide them as much as possible.


All in all I'm very pleased with the results.










For more pictures, including before pictures, check out the full set at the link below.


If you have a workspace of your own to show off, throw the pictures on your Flickr account and add it to the Lifehacker Workspace Show and Tell Pool. Include some details about your setup and why it works for you, and you just might see it featured on the front page of Lifehacker.


The All-in-One Bedroom Office [Lifehacker Workspace Show and Tell Pool]

No comments: